We would like to reassure all of our clients that we are here for your horses and are continuing to provide both routine and emergency care if safe to do so.
To keep you and our team safe:
- Our vets and nurses will wear PPE when visiting clients at all times and we ask you to do the same please.
- We will maintain social distancing where the circumstances allow the procedure or examination to be carried out safely.
- Our reception team will run through a telephone risk assessment shortly before your appointment, to ensure the risk is minimal.
- Reception is still closed and we ask you to call us from the car park when you arrive, we will come out to you to either drop off medications or collect your horse if coming into the clinic.
In general, if we are visiting your yard please follow the below guidance:
- Please wear a mask at all times.
- Keep to one handler per horse, ensuring social distancing is adhered to wherever possible (and please ask anyone else on the yard to keep well away and have any free running dogs either on a lead or put away for the vet’s visit).
- Please open any gates where possible for our vets.
- We may need to move appointments at short notice if we have team members off, but we will give you as much notice as we possibly can and always offer an alternative solution for you.
If attending the clinic, please follow the below guidance:
- The hospital & yard is closed to all visitors.
- Please wear a mask at all times on site and use the hand sanitisers available to you.
- Please report to reception that you are here and wait in your lorry.
- You will be met in the lorry park by a member of the team where we will do a handover. If you are waiting to take your horse home straight after treatment, we will ask you to wait in your vehicle and bring your horse back to you when we are ready to discharge.
- Where possible, please keep to one person per horse.
Please let us know immediately if you or anyone you live with has symptoms, has tested positive or has been told to self-isolate. You will need to arrange for someone else to meet the vet with your horse or rearrange the appointment.
We thank you for your ongoing understanding and co-operation and wish you and your horses a happy, healthy and safe 2021.