Our team of highly dedicated and experienced veterinary surgeons and vet nurses are devoted to equine wellbeing. At Scott Dunn’s we provide a continuity of care, working with you to provide effective and high quality treatment, we build client relationships that support you.
Our comprehensive services include:
- 24-hour emergency service – continuity of care with our own vets and nurses.
- Visits to your yard for routine procedures and treatments.
- Routine and advanced diagnostics for all performance and lameness evaluation.
- Surgery referrals including; arthroscopy, fracture repair, airway surgery, standing sinus surgery, kissing spine surgery, laser surgery for treatment of sarcoids and upper airways, as well as all emergency procedures including colic surgery, emergency caesarians, and treatment of wounds and infected joints.
- Pre-purchase and insurance vettings.
- Complementary therapy treatments; Acupuncture, Faradic, Laser, Shockwave and Ultrasound.
- Visiting specialists for their particular expertise in internal medicine, orthopaedics, arthroscopy and surgery.
- Horse Health Programme discount scheme.
- Regions covered: Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Hampshire, London, Oxfordshire and Surrey.
- Events: on-call and vet attendance at FEI to pony club events in the local area.
Our facilities include:
- Fully equipped hospital for routine and specialised equine surgery.
- On-site nursing care provided by our dedicated team, with CCTV.
- Separate quiet padded and protected recovery units for safe anaesthetic induction and recovery.
- In-patient stables and isolation unit for post-surgical care and intensive treatment.
- Portable state-of-the-art Eklin Digital Radiography (X-ray) systems, ultrasound and fibre optic endoscopy for imaging and gastroscopy.
- Electrocardiogram (ECG)for diagnosis and monitoring heart problems.
- In-house laboratory providing rapid blood analysis results.
- Large indoor examination area for in-depth review and diagnostic procedures.
- Dispensary stock for a variety of supplements and medication prescribed by the vets.
- Large outdoor arena for observation of gait and lameness problems as well as providing for exercise and lunging.
- Horse-walker for controlled exercise after injury or surgery.
- Large car park with loading ramps for lorries and long trailers.