We are happy to accept referral cases from local veterinary surgeons for both surgical and medical conditions.
We have a number of experienced specialist surgeons to call upon, who can deal with a wide range of surgery cases:
- Fracture repair.
- Wound management.
- Second opinion lameness investigation.
- Upper respiratory tract surgery.
- Dental disorders.
- Routine minor surgical procedures.
We are available to provide your horse with specialist assessment and treatment for a number of both emergency and elective conditions including:
- Including surgery performed by a specialist surgeon if required.
- ECG and Doppler echocardiography.
- Treatment of atrial fibrillation under continuous ECG monitoring.
Weight loss/poor performance investigation
- Gastroscopy, ultrasound examinations (thoracic and abdominal), biopsies (liver, kidney, rectal, lung, duodenal and rectal) and gut absorption tests, according to requirements.
All referral cases must be arranged in conjunction with and through your usual veterinary surgeon who will continue with your horse’s treatment afterwards. For further information or to arrange a referral please contact your veterinary surgeon.
We have invested in specialist equipment to offer a complete medical imaging and cardiology service. We can offer gastroscopy, echocardiography, electrocardiography (including exercising ECG) and medical ultrasound (abdominal, thoracic and ocular).
All of these services can be provided at our clinic. Alternatively, all the equipment is mobile and can be used with the referring vet at the client’s own premises (depending on the case). All referred cases will be diagnosed and treated in consultation with the referring veterinarian, allowing complete case follow up and the best possible client/patient service.